> What are some of Seiji's other guises? Both the Seiji records I have
> (on 2000 black and bitasweet) are slamming broken-beated string-laden
> funkmonsters...

A couple of his other guises are:

Homecookin - more straight-up housey stuff on Sole Music. There's an album
and a few 12"s out. To be honest I find some of it a little hit and miss but
there are some great tracks on there...

Opaque - apart from a 12" on Archive (Malice/Closing the Loop) I think he's
used this name mainly for remixes. Probably the most essential is his mix of
P'Taah's 'Crossing' on Ubiquity - a true broken beat anthem. Also check his
mix of Beatless's 'Life Mirrors' on Ubiquity, and his mix of Plutonia's
'Forever' on Visions.

Seiji is one part of the massive Bugz in the Attic collective.

A couple of his collaborations with Orin Walters are pretty essential -
'Life on Venus' on Afronaught's 'Shapin Fluid' album is awesome, in the same
kind of vein as 'Silver Blossom' on 2000 Black - big soundtrack-type
strings, hard beats, deep junglist bass. Also the Orange Water 10" on
Archive includes 'Love Life', another amazing piece from Seiji and Orin
together...

And coming up very soon is Kudu's 'Space/Transit' on Bitasweet - an amazing
collaboration between Seiji, Domu and Mark de Clive-Lowe. Absolutely killer,
as you'd expect...

Give me a shout if you want any more recommendations of other artists in
this vein...

Cheers,

Tom