wow.  i feel like i've had a mini-Detroit festival
weekend here.  this has been amazing.

I was really impressed w/ Skurge, James Pennington
and Dex.  I danced up a storm at APT despite the
frustrating logistical layout of the space and my
exhaustion from flying in that day.  closed that
party...then Saturday at the Water Taxi Beach was
really good, though not quite the sweet intimate vibe
of Friday.  Found myself unable to leave the dance
floor, cursing those "evil djs" who wouldn't let me
rest!

But the biggest surprise of the weekend for me was
Theo Parrish at Deep Space on Monday.  I'd never
heard him before outside of the Three Chairs, and had
somewhat low expectations as (shhh!) I'm generally
not really a big house music fan.  But something
brought me there, and I had felt like I really needed
a deep and soulful night.  I got there around
midnight, pretty tired, when he started tech'ing it
out, and again, I didn't get water, didn't settle in,
just headed straight for the dance floor where I
stayed most of the night, just riding the incredible
energy of the music and the crowd.  Some amazing
dancers there.  Again, I didn't know what to expect
from Theo Parrish, but his tracked out funk, house,
acid, chicago, techno had me enraptured.  It was one
of those utterly transformative nights, the best set
I've heard all year (and I've heard a lot), maybe one
of the best sets ever.  wow.

it was also really wonderful to meet so many 313ers
who came up and introduced yourselves (Thomas, Mike,
JT, Melody, Frank...sorry if I'm forgetting anyone...)

i'm glad i'm on vacation as I really need some rest
today!

Monica

p.s. er, does anyone else play like theo parrish, or
is he one of a kind?