From: JT Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 August 2007 20:18
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) theo parrish at deep space last night

saw theo play at cielo last night. amazing function 1 system they have
in there. theo started out real nice. some thumping, pretty
mainstream-but-good disco, some ugly edits, occasionally mixed with a
track of his own. but after not too long he started doing that high eq
stuff, and way too often...every minute or so even, total overkill --
started getting irritating and predictable. that sound system was great,
but +theo it was evil. he also seemed to play at least 3 james brown
tracks in a row, with loads of flair, but i got a little bored..he
dropped some acid track a little later (i think it was his own 1987, not
sure, but it was very familiar), but by that time we had to leave before
we got permanent hearing damage. cielo was mostly full of tourists and
random idiots, which i didn't expect for the monday deep space night. i
had only seen theo dj once before, on a much smaller system, and i liked
it. but now i understand why people have complained about his eq-centric
mixing style...it was really, really irritating. and his track selection
wasn't totally doing it for me either, tho he was working it...i now
have pretty mixed feelings about theo as a dj...

ps clubs who have seating almost entirely "reserved for v.i.p.'s" suck.