Maybe we've gone just about as far away from Detroit Techno on this
thread as is possible, but I will say this: The Herbie Hancock/Joni
Mitchell CD has some brilliant work on it.  I'd never feel bad about
Herbie winning a Grammy.

And it makes me feel really frickin old to think that I've been
listening to both Joni and Herbie for 35 years.  Of course, I don't
have to actually listen to them -- I just push play in my head. Same
with the Beatles. My mom gave me most of the Beatles discography for
christmas one year when it came out on CD, and I don't think I've ever
actually played them.

I have gone through and sampled individual Ringo drum hits though ;-)