I imagine that the people who win their categories will get some
incremental bump in sales on Beatport.  I will vote for Chymera and
Gregory Tresher because I like their music.

And this whole thing wasn't meant as a rip on Beatport per se.  I
admire what they've been able to do in just a few years.  Since they
try and cover all dance genres it's easy to make fun of them from a
techno partisan point of view, but I've been pretty happy as a
customer.

As far as the specific area of Detroit techno, not so much.  I go to
Detroit Digital Vinyl for the Submerge-distributed stuff. But a lot of
the artists I'd want to buy download music from are still very
vinyl-centric.  Nothing wrong with that, of course, but since I'm not
a Professional DJ by trade, it's not the most convenient format for me
to buy music.

Though it is very tempting to bring a turntable into work at the
hospital, and be like House MD....