On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM, JT Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  why not just call it "Big Rave X" if that is all it is going to be?
>
>  because that's not all it is, it's not all or nothing. you're argument
>  loses quite a bit of validity if you make sweeping generalizations to
>  glaze over any details that contradict your opinion. it's hardly a
>  super-hyped rave.

Moby, The Cool Kids, Dieselboy, Benny Benassi, Deadmau5, Girl Talk,
James Zabiela. if that isnt the definition of a pedestrian rave, i
dont know what is.

>  that's crazy talk. why doesn't somebody else just step up and lose
>  their ass to throw a festival celebrating american electronic music,
>  which has a tiny niche.

then just dont do it at all. its better than being disingenuous at
best, a profiteer at worst.

>  like i said in my previous message, american
>  electronic music ain't what it used to be. you have to have
>  infrastructure before you can have an audience and these days american
>  electronic music has neither. the american electronic music scene is
>  WEAK, and has been for years, it is just not realistic to expect some
>  idealized super dope festival...

i dont want that, like i said, i would be more happy for a much
smaller scaled back free thing that actually represented detroit than
some rave.

>  the sponsors won't go for it.

i'm so glad that corporations dictate what music matters in detroit.
sorry, but f*ck that nonsense.

>  paxahau
>  knows what it's doing.

you're absolutely correct on this one, they do.

>  it could be better, it's certainly fair to
>  criticize it, but it's hardly so bad that it deserves the over-the-top
>  insults you're throwing at it. i'm frustrated with state of things in
>  the USA too. Paxahau can't fix that.

instead of being the solution they are part of the problem. that is
going to solve a lot.

>  Regarding another festival...why does it have to be at Hart Plaza
>  memorial day weekend? That's a huge space that involves a crapload of
>  logistical obstacles (traffic, security, electricity/sound/gear for
>  outdoors etc etc etc), and it's not the best timing either (summer
>  vacations haven't yet started for most). I'd love to see a big
>  party/festival without any BS, I'm sure it could be done. Somebody
>  find a space outside city limits where noise and fire ordinances don't
>  apply, budget the performers carefully, have it running concurrent to
>  the festival, that would be great. I am not cut out for big crowds and
>  overpriced beer anyways.

i would be perfectly fine for things to happen somewhere else, and i
would prefer outdoors as well as it is just more fun that way. but it
has to be in the city. the rave can go to the suburbs, thats where all
the attendees are coming from anyway.

tom