Personally, I see them as related, but different animals.
I saw Mr. Modell at DEMF years back and it was stellar.
The poor sound is one thing, but it doesn't lead me to turn away from the style. YMMV, of course. Off to work...

                                jeff

Imo, it's not so much BC mark II as much as 'BC, AD' [if you catch my
drift] with the emphasis more on 'dead' than 'domini'. The pair are so
obviously influenced by BC, you'd hope but they'd also learn about the
subtlety in almost subliminal changes of atmosphere which you get with
BC tracks and which keeps them sparkling for several minutes at a time.
So far [again, imo] they've singularly failed to. And if you fail in
subtlety, the faults of that style become glaringly obvious and it
simply doesn't work anymore.