what does scat-ish mean?

surely not what I think it means(?)

To: "313 313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:56 PM
Subject: (313) And now, back to Detroit.......

Got the new UR mixes of Nublu Orchestra- Sketches Of NYC thing in
today....hmmmmm, very in-ter-es-ting.  It's a bit disingenuous to call
it a UR mix as it's Nomadico on one mix and Tunnel 7 on the other (Ray
Werriweathers) but it's good stuff- the Nomadico mix wins it for me-
spaced out jazz samples with a chuging off kilter beat and a throbing
bassline combines with a scat-ish vocal makes it one for the more
discerning dancefoor only- it's a strange release but growing on me
slowly.

There's more detroit-ness that I haven't seen any discussion of on the
list but I'll save it until tomorrow!

cheers

Jason