On 7 May 2008, at 16:28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Surely you've heard about the one-laptop-per-child initiative before? I think your initial response is probably the correct one. Some people will actually be so out of touch in a "let them eat cake" kind of way that they'll think that providing every child in Africa is a realistic aim without the people of the West waking up. I don't think what's come out of it is a bad thing though - an affordable machine with open source software for developing countries. It's just a question of how you might spend the money better isn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/$100_laptop

Education always helps and this is a long term plan, I support it.