My 'techno' comment was more of my own reflection on DEMF, and how
after days of non stop beats, my ears just want the noise to end
sometimes (gasp, arghgh, stop the press, what?).  My ears and mental
state would just give up - though note that I am one to start falling
asleep at 10pm these days.  Probably not a worthy public disclosure.

But yes, agree with you, associating Theo with a general placement
within techno isn't absolutely accurate.  I think my view was more
that what (unfortunately) I capture as a house dj these days probably
involves a little too much sexy clubbing and a little less rich,
textured, deepness, than I should, and I eased away from that
description.  I consider Theo to be quite along the lines of
experimentation, and I think the techno thing slipped in my mind, and
I generally slugged out a generic term for dance music, given that
after 13 hours (till 11am!?), even phenomenal greatness just makes my
brain squeeze and my nerves tighten.

Hope this note doesn't spiral into a massive discussion, even if this
is  discussion board.

--
---