I haven't head any of these yet, but I anxiously await
the arrival of the new Dan Curtin.  He hasn't released
as Planetary in years, so I am quite interested.

That Bernard Badie...nice.  Gunna have to order this
one too.

I recently picked up the new Echospace[Detroit].
Supposedly Intrusion is an artist that isn't Rod or
Stephen, but I'm not buying it.  The Phase 90 remix on
there is killer.

--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okdokey- haven't got time for a biggie but here's a
> few Detroit related things:
>
> New Mark Flash on UR is an interesting departure for
> him- very "west
> london" broken beat/Jazzanova style stuff
>
> New Mills- Alpha Centuri- he's been a bit hit or
> miss over the last
> couple of years but this is a hit for me.
>
> The Good , The Bad and The Deep from Rick Wade on
> Yore- double album
> of Rick's trademark deep house grooves- couple of
> dodgy trumpet solos
> here and there but excellent summer grooves
> throughout.
>
> Dan Curtin 10" on Delsin- phew!  What a scorcher!
>
> Bernard Badie 12 on Mojuba- harking back to the old
> school sounds of
> Cajmere, this is some REAL house music!
>
> Electronic Warefare 2.1- perviously only through the
> Submerge site,
> now more widely available- excellent mix by Skurge
>
> Not from strictly from Detroit but check out the
> Alpha 606 12 on
> interdimensional transmissions if you're after
> advanced Electro.
>
> Really nice to hear Rythmatic's take on the early
> Kevin Saunderson
> sound on the Network re-releases- amazing how spares
> and clean these
> tracks sound after 15 years- simple but very
> effective stuff.
>
> Stuff I just like:
>
> Syclops album on DFA- Maurice Fulton crosses every
> genre known to man
> with this double album- can't think of a single
> reason not to buy it-
> its fantastic.
>
> New Alex Cortex thing- wasn't a big fan until a
> couple fo years ago-
> he's growing in stature all the time now though
>
> Trelik represses- Make A Move by Minimal Man on Baby
> Ford's old label
> get's a very welcome second airing- been playing
> this for years- it's
> ace.
>
> Losoul on fire as usual- remixing on Sonar
> Kollective
>
> Move D- Drone on Modern Love- thought it was a bit
> dull at first then
> completely changed my mind.
>
> Sorry these "reviews" are a bit short!
>
> cheers
>
> Jason

www.SettleTheScore.org
When we feel strongly about something, it is our natural desire to let others
know. Now there is a place to do just that.
www.SettleTheScore.org