Gotcha I think - so you're saying they did repress Sonic Sunset vinyl, you got
it, and it sounds different (like from a CD) compared
to your original Deep Space LP vinyl.
Don't know the answer, though as both were later day Model 500 releases it
seems unlikely the Sonic Sunset tapes would have been
lost as they were big releases at the time (i.e. anticipated as being
historically significant?) and people were more aware of
hanging on to tapes etc. by the mid 90s?
I have original of both and was about to say I could give them another listen
but when I think back to the times I've played Sonic
Sunset both home and out I've never noticed it sound inferior so maybe the new
one isn't the same.  I know there was talk of
"remastering" the new releases - maybe this is what it means?