On 5 Sep 2008, at 14:13, Odeluga, Ken wrote:

Whilst admiring how clever he is - and I genuinely think Hawtin shows a
profound intelligence about how he applies the new opportunities which
these latest technologies offer - I found myself drifting.

I think I can only take so much technological advancement at a time.

Then I kind of withdraw, hoping to hear some actual music. Perhaps
something which completes rather than loops over another loop or even
four fragments looped at the same time.

He's talking about the use of the kit more than making tracks, I think it's cool to show people how you work but it is a tad geeky :) Not ground breaking but it will help people.

The day when these genuinely impressive techniques add up to something
equally as genuinely impressive coming out of the speakers will be the
day when many luddites just using one laptop [ha, I'm not even going to
mention the pre-historic relics, like me, who use that black plastic
stuff!) won't be allowed to DJ anymore due to being seen as a comedy
act.

Room for all I reckon but we did laugh at the need to "entertain" in the video - what a tragic rockism.