>> Why no license fee waiver? Was it even an issue? Seems unlikely the
>> ISP/website would even be anywhere near being sued for airing the
>> tracks.
>>
>> Odd.
>
> They won't let you waiver - music is music to mcps/prs etc and they do
> close people down for it.

This is a New Zealand site remember, so it's controlled by local
organisation RIANZ not any American organisation. I'm guessing their fees
are equally prohibitive though, because *no-one* offers podcasts or even
streaming archived shows here unless they consist purely of talk.

I was just being cheeky by calling Radio New Zealand out on it - they're
not really a music station, as opposed to something like BBC's Radio 1 or
1Xtra for whom it's obviously worth the effort.

Radio New Zealand do on occasion obtain artist waivers. There are some
good live recordings of local and visiting artists here:
http://www.radionz.co.nz/popular/music/live

The music in Mike's interview wasn't all his though, so I guess they
couldn't do it in this case.

It is kinda crazy too, that they can archive music review features but
only with all of the music cut out!!

On the upside, my mate who is a proper UR fan also recorded an interview
with Mike over the weekend, and it will be posted online once cut to some
music tracks (we did a Theo Parrish one which was posted here a couple of
years ago). Might take a minute, but I'll let you all know once it's
ready...