simple cut+paste jobs sure ... but if you're changing volume/dynamics
or adding effects then you're going to have to re-render.

I guess where i'm coming from is that whether or not you can hear it
on a club system, wavs and mp3s are different. And for 50p more I'd
rather get a wav. I still come from that collecting not collating
mentality when it comes to music.