On 01/10/2018 10:58 AM, Mark Reynolds wrote:
So you could do a filter like this for your example above:

"(|(sn=*brown")(sn=*brown west"))"

So the case I'm thinking of for the front end is a directory listing, in which case you wouldn't be so specific to know to add the West.

or

"(|(sn=* brown")(sn=* brown *"))"  --> note the spaces

This would grab anything inbetween though right? So it would grab Brown as a middle name too. There's no way to specify order positioning beyond first * / * last / * anything in middle * ? Eg no regexp?

The context I'm in here is a front end developer trying to get the data in a format so they can provide a list of users in a list interface and have a reasonable way to sort without having to rely on just using the first substring.

~m