On Sat, 2018-11-03 at 21:46 +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> HI!
>
> I vaguely remember that 389-DS also implements deref search control
> [1].
>
> My question as a client developer:
> How does 389-DS deal with reference attributes being absent?

Mi Michael,

I am assuming that you mean a request for dereference where no
attributeList is requested? Off the top of my head, I do not know, but
this is something we should check to see if our behaviour is correct
according to the provided RFC. Reading the RFC it doesn't seem to
specify how an empty attributeList should be handled, but in my view,
it should "do nothing" since no attributes were requested.

Does this seems like a valid thought process about the request?