> On 6 Sep 2019, at 05:11, Olivier JUDITH <gnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm back on this topic,
> Can you tell me with the docker image how to create the root suffix ?
> I tried this step but othing appears on Apache Directory server IDE

Best question is to ask what docker image you are using and from where? There
has been a lot of development here lately, and I've learnt there are some
community images that operate a bit differently.

> ldapmodify -a -D "cn=Directory manager" -w mypass -p 3389 -h 10.109.139.63 -x
> dn: cn="dc=domain,dc=net",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
> changetype: add
> cn: dc=domain,dc=net
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: extensibleObject
> objectclass: nsMappingTree
> nsslapd-state: backend
> nsslapd-backend: UserData

For now, we'll discuss a manual backend configuration. There are really two
parts:

* Configuration of the backend that stores data in ldbm plugins. You can look
for something like cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm plugin, cn=plugins,cn=config (I think)
and then copy that to cn=newBackend,cn=ldbm ... and youll have the backend.

* Configuration of the mapping tree. Mapping tree is effectively a "suffix
router". It says what subtrees are stored where. It's how you can create
complex trees that are backed over one or many datasources. So your mapping
tree you have above is correct to route the full dc=domain,dc=net to a backend
called 'userdata'. you just need to do the above step.

If you have a container image that is ds 1.4.x, depending on it's generation
there is support for the lib389 tools, so you can use:

dsconf localhost backend create ....

And that will create the suffix mapping tree AND the backend for you.

Does that help?

> Regards

—
Sincerely,

William Brown

Senior Software Engineer, 389 Directory Server
SUSE Labs