> On Sep 2, 2016, at 11:52 AM, Kirk Brooks <lists.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Randy,
> Not really. All logins are automatically attributed to the default user. I
> used it for years with my own user login system. You have to explicitly
> offer some way to log in as a different 4D user or, as I eventually did,
> tie my user records to a 4D user.

Ideally I would like to do the same. We’ve been using our own user login system
for years, like many, many others.

Now that the tools are available to re-map the record based users to the 4D
based users, I would like to get that mapping as well because there are more
and more requests about meticulously tracking who did what.

It’s hard to do that without using the 4D password system.

So I see this at least as the first step to getting where you are.

I just have slight concerns that I’ll be logging in as default user, creating
forms, objects, methods, etc…then update someone’s server and suddenly they
can’t access parts of our system because the user they logged in as somehow
doesn’t have the right access or something.

However, at the moment, It’ll just be Default User, no groups, and everyone has
Design Access.

Simple as possible to start with.

Thanks for the feedback!

Randy