> We’ve seen with v15 the biggest thing seems to be the unique keys, presumably
> with uuids. How did you handle that? Did you just have uuids added onto all
> your tables?

Ah !

Well you can either spend 2 days doing it (as I did once)……or you can get hold
of a bit of SQL code originally posted by Ortwin Zilgen and do it in about 20
seconds.

The general consensus is:

[1] - forget trying to map your old primary keys (IDs) to new ones. Keep all
your code as it is and IDs as they are

[2] - create new UUID primary keys for every table and let 4D have control of
them. You keep control of the old ones (which are now demoted to ‘business
logic’ layer primary keys)

In principle therefore, the new UUIDs basically work like the old record
numbers except they’e now just saved into the record. I’ve done this in a few
databases and it’s the most transparent way - basically no thought required and
lets you sleep well.

I’ll see if I can dig out that piece of SQL code…

Peter