> Le 1 nov. 2016 à 06:43, Kirk Brooks <lists.k...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> David,
> Great points - but, respectfully, does it ever actually happen? Can you
> write an example db that does this?

In v5 we had the multiprocess for the 1st time. To manage my processes, I used
a "process descriptor" made of 5 or 6 arrays, let's say something like this:
   process number | parent process number | form name | table number | record PK
Each time a process was created, ended, modified, these arrays were updated.
4D was much sloooooower than now, and I was quite fast in clicking.
I soon realized that my arrays became unsynchronized because I did not use a
semaphore.

--
Arnaud de Montard