> Does that appear “complex” to you?
Not at all. It also doesn't look like it uses any of the commands that are
forbidden in preemptive mode.

> In this case it would be difficult to summarize the data in all the
possible query options users have..
> It could be done but you’d have to store so many different totals for so
many different option combinations s
>  it just seemed like more work than it was worth for the time saved. I’m
not talking about saving hours to do a
> report, I’m down to trying to shave off a few minutes.
Yeah, summary data can be more trouble than it's worth, for sure. It
depends entirely on circumstances. And it's a generally a total nightmare
when people combine extract (reporting) data with relational data in a
single table.