On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Robert Livingston <rlivings...@me.com>
wrote:

> So somehow even after you have said that you want to open the file, you
> cannot. In some fashion 4D sees it locked and no matter how you answer the
> dialogs you cannot get the application to run.

Can you check the access rights you have? Click on application and select
menu File -> Get Info (or command - I.) At the bottom you will find a
Permissions tab with table showing who has the rights to read and write
rights. From your description, it seems you have only read but not write
rights.

It would be strange, though, as unarchiving ZIP should reset file
permissions to original state (which was read-write.) Maybe macOS assigns
ownership  of applications from downloaded zip archives to guest, and not
to you. Have not seen that, but I am still running 10.10.

--

Peter Bozek