Robert,
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Robert ListMail via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Actually, I’ve looked for years and have never found anything that will do
> this. It’s not impossible to do what needs to be done manually, it’s just a
> royal pain and prone to user errors that could result in data loss. Do you
> have a tool in mind?

​Im afraid not. The only forensic work I've done had to do with financial
data and that was simply (simply!) a matter of working with the actual
pieces of paper or copies - I didn't have to analyze or compare disk files.

Here's the top hit that came up when I googled "forensic programs for
comparing disk files": link
<https://techtalk.gfi.com/top-20-free-digital-forensic-investigation-tools-for-sysadmins/>.
​At least gives you an idea of what they are called. I notice they all seem
to be windows based which supports the notion that only nice people or
smart crooks use Macs.

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA