Bart,

I have to agree with everything you stated.  At one point in time I had a
number of SQL calls in a web app that had some heavy use.  The day I rolled out
the SQL code I had to roll it back to 4D Query code because performance was so
bad the site became unusable.  At this point in time I avoid using 4D's SQL
engine like it’s the black plague or something.  I just find it too unreliable,
to slow and has abysmal SQL support beyond the most basic of syntax.

I sure wish they would make the SQL engine much stronger, but until it gets
some real effort I will certainly avoid it.  It's a real shame too, because
reporting and analytical tool options would really open up some fun new
possibilities.

Thanks
Justin Will