I have struggled for years to get my 4D vertical market app (i.e. built with 4D
Volume Desktop) to behave correctly in the Mac OS Finder.

Specifically, my app misbehaves in several ways:
1. When a user double-clicks on a datafile to launch and open my app, the app
does not open that file.  Instead, it opens the one that was opened last time.
2. If the user drags a datafile on to my app, same thing - the app does not
open that file.  It opens the one that was opened last time.
3. When the user tries to create a new datafile, 4D directs the user to save
inside the application package - definitely NOT where the datafile should be
saved.  I know I can redirect to a safe location the first time my app is
launched by using a default datafile, but I need this to happen every time the
user wants to make a new datafile.

When 4D v16 came out with the “lastDataPath.xml” mechanism, I was hoping it
would finally solve some of these problems, but no such luck.

What are other people doing to work around this?

Thanks for any insights

- Steve

Steve Slanec
Slanecon Digital, Inc.