> I don't think there is any difference between what you call text and
binary,
> what you report sounds more like the difference between UTF-16 and UTF-8.

That would make sense of the numbers. And the slight varience from a
perfect 1:2 ratio may come from the wrapper element stored in the object
version...which makes it just that tiny bit longer.

So, wait, 4D *isn't* storing a dehydrated version of the JSON in a more
compact format internally? It's just big, bloaty JSON? That's...surprising.
Also food for thought as to how to compose JSON. Bummer.

So, do you know anything about the indexing scheme? Or anything about the
hash table? Is each object hashed on-the-fly when it's loaded, or is there
a table stored somewhere? Has 4D saying anything at all about any of this
anywhere ever?