I with David on this one.
I reported a bug in 4D's math libraries back in v2.3 (this would have
been 1993 or 1994 I think).
it had to do with small values and comparison with zero. Very small
real values (even when not zero), were in a comparison = zero.

It has been fixed in v13, I do not recall if it was fixed in v11.
test code:
C_REAL($x)
$x:=1.2*(10^-11)

Case of
: ($x=0)
ALERT("=zero")

: ($x<0)
ALERT("<zero")
Else
ALERT("> zero")
End case
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 20:56:19 +0000, Dennis, Neil via 4D_Tech wrote:
>> I'm with John on this one. The payoff for sending in bug reports and
>> feature
>> requests is incredibly low. Zero feedback and results are rare.
>> *No matter what hoops are jumped.*
>
> I have a different experience, I have reported a few bugs.
>
> The ones that I have submitted that are reproducible I include a
> small database demonstrating them. The bug is filed, I get email
> notifications as it is updated and accepted, then I get an email
> telling me it is in one of the nightly builds and I can test it.
>
> The one that I reported that I could not reproduce, I had constant
> emails between me and tech support until they actually figured out
> how to reproduce it then sent it on to the engineers.
>
> I have never felt ignored or neglected. I think they do a great job
> with bugs that I have reported.
>
> IMO
>
> Neil
>

> --
>
> Privacy Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information
> and is intended only for the named addressee. If you are not the
> named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
> email. Please delete this email from your system and notify the
> sender immediately by replying to this email.  If you are not the
> intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
> distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
> information is strictly prohibited.
>
> The Alternative Investments division of UMB Fund Services provides a
> full range of services to hedge funds, funds of funds and private
> equity funds.  Any tax advice in this communication is not intended
> to be used, and cannot be used, by a client or any other person or
> entity for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties that may be imposed
> on any taxpayer or (b) promoting, marketing, or recommending to
> another party any matter addressed herein.
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing