Ad,

The blogs are fine and are helpful but they’re no substitute for a proper
reference of changes for each version. It’s really important for us to be able
to clearly and easily see which changes are in each R version, not just major
versions. And you can’t do this from the blog.

Jeremy pointed out that there’s a What’s New link on the Language reference
page of the online docs and that’s great, but it’s not implemented very well.
And I can’t download a PDF for reference later on. For example, where are the
Upgrade References for the v15 R versions? It’s all combined into one doc and I
don’t see anything that tells me which version a particular feature appeared in.

For example, changes to the Query Editor:

http://docs.4d.com/4Dv15/4D/15/Query-editor.300-2005957.en.html

R2, R3, R4 or R5? It doesn’t say. And for v14 there’s no upgrade manual at all
in the doc center, either for the regular line or the R releases. I happen to
know that the ability to assign the id_added_by_converter field was added in
v14R3 because I have the PDF upgrade manual for that but it’s no longer in the
doc center.

Richard Wright
DataDomain
rwri...@datadomainsoftware.com