Have you tried Select document? It lets you navigate inside of packages.

As far as code goes, you can do whatever you like with a package. I've just
been doing that week, doing post-build cleanup. If I remember correctly,
the path is something like:

...your long path:BuildAppName.app:Contents:Database:Resources:

On macOS, the application name is used like a folder name to get down
inside of the package. If you're doing a build, you can insert help files,
delete .xlf files, etc.