On Nov 1, 2017, at 4:01 PM, Timothy Penner wrote:

> I am sorry if you do not see the information I am providing as helpful. I
> sincerely feel bad for the people who have been bitten by this bug and I am
> trying to help the situation by asking the doc team to update the docs, and
> also at the same time, I am explaining to you and the community the correct
> process if you (or anyone) would like to see this behavior changed.

That’s what is needed. Document this behavior so that it known and can be dealt
with. Then it is up to every developer to read the documentation and not forget
this special situation. I know that I’ll never forget this situation after this
long email thread. So there’s really no need for me to submit a feature
request. I have no need for it now. I just have to be careful when dealing with
object fields.

As for new 4D developers, they need to RTFM. If they don’t and they get bit by
this, that their problem. It’s documented feature of 4D.

> This whole thing reminds me of an old saying: you can lead a horse to water
> but you cannot force them to drink.

You know that’s right. I just hate the taste of the 4D Forums' water so I
seldom go there to drink it. The water tastes good here. :)

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444