Hi All,

The need:
To know how many rows are in an Excel or Text file.

Overview:
We are working with large Excel documents which contain upwards of 750K rows
and we need to import each row into a 4D application to create records.  In
advance of the import process I would like to know how may rows to expect.
Currently we have a process that opens the document, loads the text, loops
through with the Position command and counts Carriage Returns (delimiter) and
returns the number. This is slow and a waste of resources…

Questions:
What is the most efficient way to count the number of occurrences of a specific
character in a large document?  Specifically, What are you doing to count Excel
rows (or CR delimited text files) in a similar scenario?

Thanks!
Kirk