On Nov 13, 2017, at 2:39 PM, Perkins, Bradley D via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Also, I saw Jim Crate's suggestion to have a script take a screen shot.
> I'd already considered that. The problem is that during times when the
> client was down and not rebooting via scripts, I've logged in remotely
> and been unable to see the actual 4D message because it has been behind
> the system dialog that "4D has unexpectedly quit".
> Whenever I try to move, or dismiss, that dialog to see the actual 4D
> message it dissappears before I can read the error message.

I saw you mentioned that, but I figured that was a result of the script
attempting to quit and relaunch 4D when it noticed 4D was no longer responding.
The idea would be to take the screenshot before issuing the killall command to
try to quit/kill 4D.

I just double-checked and the screencapture command does exist on my machine
with 10.13, and a man page helpfully explains many options.

Jim Crate