Hi Tim,

One could also say : "A man goes to a car mechanic and says : I have a flat
tire. The mechanic says : Go walk" 😊

> Is there a reason you MUST call LISTBOX INSERT COLUMN or is it just the way
> you have designed the form and your coding style. I know a lot of people think
> it is the best way to program to build all your list boxes programmatically.
> Do it
> all with code and they have a dozen methods that do all the work. It’s a
> programming style.
>
> The other option is to define your list boxes with the form editor defining
> all the
> columns and properties. Then when the form is loaded all that column
> definition and insertion is eliminated. That is my personal programming
> preference.
>
> If some of your list boxes are used for several purposes you could also create
> multiple list boxes that are stacked on top of each other, each setup exactly
> how you need it. Then you show/hide the ones you need as appropriate.

Defining the listboxes in the form editor was just the way I did it in the past.
Also putting listboxes stacked on top of each other is something I am doing
frequently
Because I had to modify the listboxes on a regular basis (add columns in
request of users) I decided to create them programmatically
Why does 4D implement all these new (listbox) object commands? I think just for
this reason to create all things programmatically

> I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but if you are determined
> cut down on load and display time, and you have found LISTBOX INSERT
> COLUMN is causing issues, you only have 2 choices:
>
> 1. Wait for 4D to make a change to fix this (who knows if/when that would
> happen) 2. Don’t use LISTBOX INSERT COLUMN

I am going to wait a bit more, but finally, if nothing happens, I am afraid I
have to create al columns in the form editor again.