Hi Brian,

You did not answer the question regarding whether 4D will continue to work with
4D Write (the regular version, not the Pro). That's my primary concern at the
moment.

Since my rep told me that it would continue to work at the last developer event
in San Jose, I don't understand why I would be getting a "Goodbye" email at
this point. Was he wrong? Did I understand him incorrectly? This product is
based on the functionality and capability of 4D Write, as painful as it was to
write those lines of code.

With regard to Pro, last I looked it had a ruler which blocks a much larger
amount of the writing area (*thick* vertically), making the writing area too
small on detailed forms.

The existing 4D Write menus and toolbar use about 2.5 cm on the form, leaving
about 8.5 cm of useful area (before zoom) for composing. The example you linked
to, of a 4D Write Pro toolbar and menu combination, is about twice as thick. I
think I have seen that example before.

How would someone be able to use a word processing area over half of which is
taken over by those thick elements?

Fold in:

- the apparent absence of the rich command set available in 4D Write,
particularly commands involving procedural generation of forms and style sheets;
- the absence of control for placing graphics on forms;
- the absence of Word-compatible style sheets;
- the absence of a Word export;

...what is left that's of any utility?

Given how intuitive the existing 4D Write interface is for the average,
word-processing-type user, why would 4D abandon that? Why do the 4D developers,
rather than the developers of 4D, need to spend hours trying to reproduce a
detailed, compact interface that was already in the product?

Please find some answers if you can. A negative answer to the first one would
make a product that I have spent most of my time working on since early 2015
become useless in new versions of 4d. These are all Windows users, so I have no
interest in 64-bit stuff.

Thank you for responding,
Don