If you are using Numbers on a Mac, there is no way to export to a tab delimited
text file, only CSV. Many have complained, but Apple does not listen.

The work around is to select the content to be exported in Numbers and copy it
to the clipboard. Then past into a plain text TextEdit document. The TextEdit
document must have been converted to plain text before pasting the content. Be
sure that there is CR after the last line and save the document.

Hope this saves someone some time. I do this all the time as I have grown to
really like Numbers, but using one of the suggested plugins is really the way
to go.

John

On Mar 7, 2018, at 5:55 AM, Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2018, at 5:36 AM, Koen Van Hooreweghe via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com <mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Ferdinando,
>
> Export from Excel to text file (comma delimited, tab delimited). And then use
> the 4D import tool or write your own code (receive packet,…)
>
> HTH
> Koen

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii