it's not often the case that you'd need all the fields represented in the
object.
on top of that, sometimes the structure defined field names or even their order
of appearance may not be ideal.
OB Copy with pointers is effectively the "record to object" feature.

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv15/4D/15.5/OB-Copy.301-3576906.en.html

for a selection, you could call APPEND TO ARRAY and OB Copy inside APPLY TO
SELECTION.

like you say, the JSON commands are not the right tool for this kind of task
because there is no need to produce text.

2018/03/08 23:41、Bill Hutten via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> のメール:

Yeah - I'm currently doing: "Selection to JSON" and then "JSON PARSE ARRAY" but
that's kinda....dumb. Also there's no "Record to JSON" or "Record to Object",
so when I want to do that I've got to do a ONE RECORD SELECT which is also a
hassle... hm.