On Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 11:17 AM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech wrote:

> OB Copy with pointers is effectively the "record to object" feature.

Ahh - that's useful. Now if only 4D supported pointers to methods. :)

Here's the specific issue: I have a record (many, actually heh) that has this
sort of structure:
  [Appts]Title
  [Appts]Start_Date
  [Appts]Start_Time

I want to produce this sort of object:
  { title: "foo", start: '2018-02-12T08:30:00Z' }

Using "OB Copy"I can create a "template" object that will convert the
pointer->[Appts]Title into the "title" attribute in the copied object. So far
so good. But what's a clean method to convert the date & time fields in the
record into a single field in the object?

What I'm doing right now is manually processing the generated object via code
that does OB SET and OB REMOVE. Not ideal, but it works. Obviously method
pointers would be a perfect solution, but in the unfortunate absence of
perfection is there another solution that I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.

- bill