it’s not that the command has negative attributes, it’s more to do with the
fact that the command is too basic. a similar example is ALERT. I know many
applications use it in production, and there is nothing wrong about that, but
fir me, it is primarily a development tool for quick testing, I would never use
it in production.

Selection to JSON is not optimised for client server. there is a round trip for
every record, unless you use it with the execute on server method property.

it does not support pagination. if you use in an export tool, you will not be
able to cancel it or display progress, which is not ideal in production.

and as the original post pointed out, it does not support related tables. maybe
you can embed it in a process 4D tags template in a way that the returned JSON
becomes a sub object; just make sure the commas are printed at the right place.

I have worked with several customers who were having difficulties developing
some new JSON features. they were trying to do it with Selection to JSON, and
the solution in each case was to not insist on using that command.