On Apr 11, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Chip Scheide wrote:

> Is there a way to see exactly what is being sent to the (in this case)
> CMD, or Terminal?

Hi Chip,

Every time I am going to do a new LEP command, the first thing I do is manually
execute it in a Command or Terminal window on macOS. I don’t even try to just
code up the string and run it with LEP. Too many times I’ve miss a space or a
double-quote or I’m doing the wrong thing all together.

So I first get the command working in the Terminal window. Then I copy it and
paste it as a comment in the 4D method. For future reference. Then I write the
code to create this command in the method. I always put the entire command in a
text variable like $command_t.  I have a “debug” line in the method that does
SET TEXT TO PASTEBOARD($command_t).

Now I run LEP and if it works I’m done. If not, I do a paste into the Terminal
window and run it and see what error messages are displayed, or I see what I
did wrong (i.e. missed a space or a double-quote).

That’s how I do it.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions