the values you pass as the first two arguments to LEP are passed “as is” to the
CLI (well, actually they are converted from Unicode to ANSI if you use text not
BLOB, but that is mostly irrelevant when your locale uses English) so you can
just examine those variables. (I advise against passing string concatenated
values instead of variable references to $1) it is also important to check what
you get back in stdout and stderr. you need to understand that a different rule
applies to escaping paths vs escaping generic string. in either case, it is not
as simple as surrounding the value with double quotes. see my old post re:
PATH_Escape and LEP_Escape