Hi All,

(OS-Windows Server 2012, 24 GB Ram, or 64GB Ram on second test machine)

We are moving a large (90GB) database from v15.2 to v16R5.  When converting the
application the server eventually grinds to a halt, becomes non responsive, and
requires a reboot.  I attempted this on two different machines with the same
result...

The pattern is as follows:
-Open v15 database with v16R5 and authorize the conversion.
-Various Building Index and progress bar dialogs appear
-Task Manager shows very little CPU activity, but the Memory used graph slowly
increases until it pegs at 99% of physical Memory installed on  the machine.
-Eventually the 4D dialogs stop updating and the machine bogs down to near
non-responsive.  (I have left is in this state for hours to see if it would
recover, with no luck.)
-I have to kill the 4D app and reboot the server.
-Once rebooted I can open the app again with v16R5 and it appears to start
where is left off and build the rest of the indexes, etc
-Eventually the 4D update process completes and the app appears fine...

Thoughts?  It appears to be a "memory leak” such as the failure on 4D’s part to
release memory once it completes conversion of a given index. I would like to
resolve this crash before committing a converted database to our production
environment.

Thanks for your help!
Kirk