I’m having trouble with the collection.orderBy() command working. Not sure if
it is me or a bug. I’m using 4D v16r6, 64-bit, on macOS with this line of code:

        $cSortedFrames:=$oPage.frames.orderby("position.zIndex asc”)

In the method editor everything colors correctly, including “orderBy” which
turns green and is italicized. $cSortedFrames has been declared as a collection
and $oPage.frames is also a collection of objects, each one of which has a
numeric value at “position.zIndex”. The code also passed a syntax check.

But when I actually run the code, I get an error: -10729 Unknown member
function. It displays the line of code with the “(“ after orderBy shown in red.

Has anyone else gotten orderBy to work on collections in v16r6? Can you see
anything obvious I’m doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Cannon.Smith