Hi​
,

​Just some more clarification on licensing.
Not many people read the fine print of the license.

​ 4D Application Single User (or what many people call ​
engined
​or
 sponsored version
​)​
can’t
​ connect more than twice per day to write to a data source.  It can
connect as many times as you like to read from it:

​
LICENSEE recognizes and agrees that the access to one or several remote
server(s) through 4D Application Single User is authorized, provided that
this 4D Application does not modify this/those server(s) and its/their
data. Notwithstanding the above provision, 4D Application Single User may
permit the reading and/or occasional “batch” update of the above mentioned
server(s), and this, within the limit of twice (2) every twenty four (24)
hours.

As a standalone you need to be using 4D SQL DESKTOP in order to connect
more than twice a day to a data source for writing.

A SQL Desktop can connect using web, web services, SQL, anything at all as
often as you like.

As Tim points out what it connects to needs be licensed appropriately.

I'm not certain how remote datastore connections will work in v17 but I'm
sure a lot of people had a lightbulb moment thinking I could use that for a
remote standalone (*and it will be great for that*).

However, unless 4D changes the license you won't be allowed to do that from
something using only the 4D interpreted or unlimited desktop licenses.

​I hope that's clearer (but I think I've just muddied the waters rather
than anything else).

Cheers,

Wayne