On May 12, 2018, at 5:18 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> was it ever documented that "SET ENTERABLE(False)" should also render the
> object invisible?
>
> 64-bit version of 4D on Mac is Cocoa, as opposed to 32-bit which is Carbon.
> The UI was recreated from the ground up, based on what the specification
> (=documentation) dictates.
> Any undocumented or serendipitous, consequential behaviour would have been
> eliminated in the process.
> (reason why one should not take too much advantage of undocumented behaviour)

This isn’t about undocumented behavior. In 32-bit mode SET ENTERABLE and OBJECT
SET ENTERABLE only set the enterable flag, not the visibility flag.

In 64-bit, OBJECT SET ENTERABLE and OBJECT SET VISIBLE work as expected for
objects on a form. The problem is the behavior specific to 64-bit mode in a
list subform when setting object enterability during On Display Detail. In
these specific conditions, OBJECT SET ENTERABLE(field;false) makes some objects
invisible and enterable.

> Also, 4D no longer draws pixels to create a bitmap of a list form, but rather,
> requests Cocoa to update sub views of the window view hierarchy,
> and lets the framework do its own optimisation to create the final result.

I guess this is why OBJECT SET ENTERABLE now behaves erratically in a list
subform.  This is the only place in this structure where this functionality was
used, so I guess it will be out with the subform and in with a listbox.

Jim Crate