Just a word of warning to prevent headaches for anyone else in the future.

I just finished spending a few hours trying to figure out why the widget in the
‘4D Write Pro Interface’ component embedded in v16R6 (and some earlier versions
of v16) wouldn’t work in my database, I finally tracked it down.

The widget that includes both a WPArea and accompanying palette subform will
not work properly unless it is on page 1 for your form.

It’s a timing issue. The On Load event in the WPArea object is defining some
pointers and trying to get a selection from the WPArea C_Object, but 4D has not
created the WPArea object yet, so errors occur in the On Load. Unfortunately,
this prevents any of the code in the palette subform from working.

So the short is, you must keep the objects in this widget on page 1 of your
form.

I submitted this as a bug, but until it is fixed, keep this in mind.

Randy

Randy Jaynes
Senior Programmer and Customer Support

http://printpoint.com <http://printpoint.com/> • 845.687.3741 • PrintPoint, Inc