Thanks for your update. I assume you have a process on mirror that runs and
delays itself for x amount of time. What happens if you try and create a
second log but first has not been integrated. What do you do? Would you
mind sharing code. I know it should be pretty simple, but I always would
prefer not to re-invent the wheel. If so, can you email me privately.
Thanks again

What my plan is to get a directory listing and then sort by date created

Regards

Chuck

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Two Way Communications via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi chuck,
>
> I have been using option 1 for years now.
> With 4D server version 13.x, I needed to intervene on a regular basis to
> fix errors with the log files.
>
> With 4D server version 15.x, this is solid as a rock. No interventions in
> the last 6 months.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rudy Mortier
> Two Way Communications bvba
>

> > On 14 May 2018, at 21:08, Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am finalizing code to set up a mirror and then an emergency server.
> >
> > I have two trains of thought, both of which use a shared folder to move
> the log file into
> > Option 1 Create a second text file after the journal has been copied and
> on the mirror, have a process that runs every x minutes looking for both
> that file ad the journal. When it finds both, it integrates journal and
> moves it to an integrated directory and then deletes the text file
> >
> > 2. After copy of journal, use an FN call in sql to launch an integrate
> process on the mirror.
> >
> > Any ideas which people would use more and feel more sure with. We will
> NOT be using soap or HTTPS to do this
> >

> > Thanks and regards
> >

> > Chuck
> ------------------------------------
> > Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306
> > Informed Solutions, Inc. Fax: (617) 232-1064
> > mailto:cjmiller<AT SIGN>informed-solutions.com
> > Brookline, MA 02446 USA Registered 4D Developer
> >       Providers of 4D and Sybase connectivity
> >          http://www.informed-solutions.com
> ------------------------------------
> > This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
> confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
> intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure,
> printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in
> reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this
> message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not
> compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption from
> disclosure as to this communication.

> > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > Unsub:  mailto:4d_tech-unsubscr...@lists.4d.com

 Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306 Fax: (617) 232-1064
 Informed Solutions, Inc.
       Providers of 4D, Sybase & SQL Server connectivity