I am creating the cookie and immediately after that checking if cookie
exists.

We handle our own session so no we do not use 4D Session method. So by
session I mean the initial call on the server. Using v13 in this
application.

1: User hits server with a URL.
2: Server analyzes URL and if it passes checks for presence of cookie.
    If Cookie does not exist we create it.

So at this point if the Cookie gets created all is fine but if user's
browser has Cookies disabled 4D does not get an error or any indication of
that.

If I try and read Cookie on same connection/session the Cookie can indeed
exist but it will come back as blank value. If Cookie had previously existed
then there is no need to check of course. We only want to check when we
create the Cookie.

I think that it's a question of the Browser not actually creating the Cookie
until 4D ends the connection/method. If one traces the browser's actions one
only sees the Cookie existing only after 4D sends the response but not
before that. Upon the next connection there is no problem reading the
Cookie.

So I cannot assume that the Cookie was created because of not being able to
read it on same connection, and I cannot assume it wasn't created due to
Cookies being disabled.

Thanks

-----
Jim Labos - infobase