First of in my testing I am not involving 4D at all. I was simply using Xojo to
test what you said in your post.

After a bit more testing, I realize now that I misunderstood your post
entirely.

> I don't know anything about Xojo, but from the code you posted all it seems
> to do is set a value on the server and immediately read it back. There is no
> way for the browser to have it yet.

The code I quoted is Xojo code (not 4D) and it sets the cookie in the browser
from a Xojo web app. With Chrome’s developer’s console I can watch the cookie
being set when cookies are not being blocked.

What I should have understood in your post was that any web app or web server
can only determine if a cookie is set by what is passed from the browser in the
http header. So if my Xojo web app sets a cookie in the browser, that would not
be reflected in the header until the header was updated, which would only
happen the next time an exchange occurred between the web app or web server and
the browser. Xojo is adding the cookies it set since receiving the current
header to my test.

For my idea to work in Xojo or 4D Web Server, there would have to be a way to
refresh the http header without refreshing the whole browser window. Perhaps
not possible.??. I noticed that eventually the header is updated after the user
has invoked a request or 2  to 4D (4d Web Server only talks to the Xojo web app
not the browser). Not sure when or what causes the header update during those
exchanges.

John

John Baughman
1331 Auwaiku Street