From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Two Way
Communications via 4D_Tech
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2018 5:47 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: Two Way Communications <rudy.mort...@twowaycommunications.be>
Subject: Confused about ORDA

I am a bit confused… isn’t ORDA supposed to be faster than traditional queries?

I did a test with a table containing 120,000 records. The query is on 4 indexed
fields and returns 54,000 records.

Doing the query with ORDA takes 175 milliseconds.
Doing the query with QUERY takes 4 milliseconds.

Why??

ORDA:
$oQRYoption:=New object("queryPlan";False;"queryPath";False)

$oTLD:=ds.T_Loggers_data.query("TLR.FK_REAP =:1 AND TLD_timestamp >=:2 AND
TLD_timestamp <=:3 AND Excluded
=:4";[REAP_sections]FK_REAP;$TSsectionStart;$TSsectionEnd;False;$oQRYoption)

Traditional:
QUERY([T_Loggers_data];[T_loggers_readings]FK_REAP=[REAP_sections]FK_REAP;*)

QUERY([T_Loggers_data];[T_Loggers_data]TLD_timestamp>=$TSsectionStart;*)
QUERY([T_Loggers_data];[T_Loggers_data]TLD_timestamp<=$TSsectionEnd;*)
QUERY([T_Loggers_data];[T_loggers_readings]Excluded=False)

Rudy Mortier
Two Way Communications bvba